Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Instance of rib twisting, felt sharp pain, persisting soreness while yawning. How can I detect damage without X-ray?

a couple of days ago i was seated and bent down to reach something on the floor. as i twisted my rib cought on my pelvic bone and i felt a sharp pain. now it is still sore and is painful when i yawn and certain other activities. is there any way to tell (without an x-ray ) if it is broken or just bruised? does it matter either way?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The fractured rib has a crackling sound on deep palpation. It is difficult to palpate your own damaged and painful rib by yourself. This can cause an increased pain. It is best to get an X-ray done for a proper diagnosis. Use a chest belt till then for relief.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Tue, 8 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor