Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Inserted tube in right ear. Noticed blister with a hole. Brown discharge on pushing. What could it be?

my mother recently had a tube put in he right ear. today I noticed a blister looking bump behind that same ear with a small Hole next to it. she was nervous about it so I pushed on it a bit and a brown discharge came out of the small hole, so much thick, Brown discharge came out it I was so grossed out, I can t stop thinking about it, what could that be?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in,
It seems that your mother might have infected sebaceous cyst giving this problem.
It is also possible that she might have otitis externa causing enlarge lymph node.
Consult your doctor and with a course of antibiotic she will be alright.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Aparna Kohli's  Response
Hi Rebecca,
I think the discharge that you are talking about could either be the discharge for which the grommet was inserted in the first place or due to an infection in the middle ear. Your mother would need antibiotic ear drops and an examination of the ear. It would be worthwhile if you take her to an ENT surgeon (otorhinolaryngolist) and get her examined.
Hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 14 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor