Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Inserted grip in ear, sudden pain, bled. But all normal now. How?

My 3 yr old son inserted a qtip in my 6yr old son s ear, while playing with his elder brother.. he felt a sudden pain and blood started to come out of his ear.. but only for a few minutes.. we rished to the emergency.. but the doctors were not able to confirm where the injury was.. because of clotted blood in the ear canal and ear drum.. he complains of no pain and seems to be alright... playing all day with no loss of balance... i am very anxious n hoping that no permanent damage was done.. can u plz help me?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Feb 2018
HI. The clot will be dislodged in a few days and then otoscopy exam would reveal the extent of injury. Fortunately the healing in very fast in children. Even the ear-drum heals well. Do not instill anything in the ear. Do not allow blowing the nose.
Answered: Wed, 1 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor