Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Inserted finger into vagina, hymen slightly broken. Can it be restored naturally?

i just want to ask you that
i used to put my fingers into my vagina n i think tht my hymen is lil broken . It is there but the area is wider than before. I never had sex.
now i have stopped to put my fingers into my vagina. I just want to ask you tht can a hymen restore naturally? and what is torn hymen? plz help doctor
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  241
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
The torn edges if they are in approximation may heal up.One possibility is your hymen may still be intact in spite of finger insertion.Hymenoplasty is a surgical operation to restore broken hymen.These days hymen can break due to various sports activities such as cycling and is no longer an indicator for virginity.The size and shape of normal hymenal opening varies from person to person.It is a thin membrane and on breaking ,can leave irregular edges.On regular sexual intercourse or vaginal insertion of objects it can disappear or remain as a thin rim.There are stretchable hymen which do not tear either.
Answered: Thu, 20 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor