Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Inner ear pressure, loud ringing in ears, can decongestants help ?

I have really bad inner ear pressure problems. All I can hear out of my left hear is a loud ringing. I have tried chewing gum, yawning, and warm water. I am not sick but I have been told decongestants help. Should I use a decongestant or just see a doctor? And if I see a doctor, is there anything they can really do?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  398
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Yes decongestants do help when the inner ear pressure seems to rise. there is a tube in the ear that helps to equalise the pressure called the eustachian tube. If it is closed then the inner ear feels heavy and hearing can get impaired.The decongestants help sometimes to open up the eustachian tube.
Try using decongestant drops in your nose for a couple of days. If it does not relieve, you may need to see an ENT doctor who will find out the actual reason for your problem. He/She may have look into your ears and treat the exact problem.
take care
Answered: Thu, 19 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor