Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Inner ankle and arch pain, feels weak, pain gets severe while walking bare foot. Treatment?

I have a lot of pain around my inner ankle and arch, as my arches feel weak and roll inward slightly. It becomes more severe after a run, cardio circuit, or walking barefoot around the house. It gets somewhat better after a few days of inactivity. I have tried different arch supports and shoes with no improvement. Is there a solution for this? A solution which would allow me to continue to exercise?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response

This heal pain is called planter fasciitis. This is due to inflammation of planter fascia. I would suggest you to get a x ray of the calcaneum to see if there is any bony spur present in heel. You should wear soft foot wear and also avoid walking bare foot. There is role of hot water fomentation and steroid injection. Also calf stretching exercise helps.

Answered: Thu, 10 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor