Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Injury to the shin after a fall. Difficulty in walking. Bruised lump formation. Need treatment?

Hi, nearly 5 weeks ago, I fell on a set of concrete steps. My right shin hit one of those steps VERY hard. It hurt for about two weeks to bear weight on my leg. Even after that improved, I would have episodes where walking on it was difficult. I also could not touch it at all until about a week ago without it hurting very badly. Still, my cat so much as rubbing against it is very painful, but I am not having anymore pain when bearing weight. I have discovered, however, that there is a lump next to the area where the skin broke in the fall. I can t say it is bone hard and it isn t even in the impact area. I am wondering what this could be? I still cannot put a lot of pressure on my shinbone when I touch it, but it does take more pressure to make the lump hurt. Also, I did have some bruising that developed below the impact area on the inside of my calf and, while not as bad, that area is still discolored. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  475
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

From description , this lump most probably formed due to haematoma formation which might get fibrosed or calcified.

It will take few weeks to months to get disappear.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination of swelling. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.

Meanwhile give hot fomatation over it, You can take Tablet Motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily).

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Answered: Sat, 1 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor