Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Injury to small finger causing soreness over pinky and MCP joint. Will it heal on its own?

Hi, I was playing basketball a week ago and caught a basketball against my pinky and it bent it outwards. It has been really sore when I touch the outside of my pinky and my MCP joint . I m wondering if this is something that will heal on its own or will require surgery? I have been taping it to my ring finger and when I write and rest my hand it is painful.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

First,you need X-ray of your little finger in AP and oblique view.
It will exclude bony fracture.
Treatment depends upon X-ray and clinical findings.
Treatment is both nonsurgical and surgical.
Non surgical treatment needs splints for 3-4 weeks.
Severe fracture needs surgical interventions.
Get well soon.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan
Answered: Mon, 19 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor