Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Injury on penis, cannot retract foreskin, infection, taken antibiotics for balanitis, another injury, infected again, urethra swollen

Hi doctor! I m an 18 year old male from Bangalore, India. About six months ago, I had a physical injury on my penis . This injury curbed my ability to retract the foreskin and clean my penis thoroughly, due to which I got an infection . The urologists said it was a case of balanitis and gave me Antibiotics . After taking those antibiotics, my health improved. But again, an injury forced those wounds to open up again. A couple of months ago, the area got infected again, but not with very high intensity. Now my foreskin is marginally infected and the wounds of my penis aren t healing though I ve taken different antibiotics from different doctors. Also, the opening of the urethra at the tip of the penis gets swollen up each time i masturbate. Also, I am uncircumcised. Would you be able to give me some advice as to what to do next? None of the oral antibiotic pills have worked for me in the past few months. Can you suggest a good antibiotic gel or ointment?I would appreciate your good and quick reply, as my situation is very embarrassing and painful. I ll be looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  402
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
You should stop oral antibiotics as they are not working. You need to concentrate on local therapy. I would suggest the following
1. Retract the fore skin as much and clean the underarea with dettol soap and water twice daily.
2. After washing the area mob it dry.
3. Apply a gel called chloroapplicab to the raw area over the penis. It is a antibiotic gel and will work on the raw area.
4. After the wound heals completely and still if there is problem with retraction of the foreskin then you may consider circumcision.

Answered: Fri, 18 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor