Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Injury on inner side of right shin, numbness, movable lump, fluid-filled bump. Treatment?

Hi, I was playing rugby about a month ago and I got a really hard knock to inner side of my right shin. It turned pale white straight away and was numb to touch. I tried to run a week later but it was too painful and I could feel the lump moving. The pain has gone now but it has left a large noticeable hard fluid like lump where the bruise was.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  195
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Symptoms are suggestive of hematoma at the site of bruise.Hematomas liquefy after sometime. A clinical evaluation and sonography can help to confirm this. If its large in size, it might need drainage.

Answered: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor