Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Injury in leg fractured before, had corn, pain in calf muscles. Advised physiotherapy

I am 50 years old my left ankel was fractured (bimolular fracture) sometimes in 1998. It was cured properly by using implants .In the year 2008 i had injury in the same foot as auto goes over from my left food . Than in 2010 I had corn in the left foot.then from march 2012 I have sevear pain in my calf muscles . I talk to the doctor he said it is because of changes in ostio arthritis and told me to take physioterapy. still I have pain in my left leg kindly give me the answer
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
do you have any swelling in the calf region and is there pain in the calf even at rest and is it aggravated on elevating or hanging the leg down?if i have this and any more additional information then i can give a more specific advise
Answered: Wed, 28 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. A. Mohan Krishna's  Response
Hi thanks for the query.
As far as the ankle fracture it must had healed well. The foot injury might had resulted in some discomfort for quiet period of time and it might settle. I dont think there is relationship between the corn and the calf muscle pain. Regarding pain in your calf muscle I would suggest you to consult your orthopaedic surgeon and might rule out other causes of calf pain like problem with nerves or blood vessels, and sometimes it could be due to osteoarthritis also as suggested by one of your doctor.
Answered: Wed, 28 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

You might developed secondary osteoarthritis of ankle. it is common after injury to articular surface of joint.

Due to this muscles around the joint get weak due to disuse.

I advice you to do Physical therapy: stretching to increase flexibility, therapeutic exercise to build muscle strength and endurance; posture and importance of maintaining good posture (ergonomics) at rest, work, and during other activities.

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Answered: Wed, 28 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor