Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Injury below right buttock, on upper thigh, swelling, pain on walking. Fracture a possibility?

Hi I slipped and fell down nearl 6 stairs. the exact area of hurt is just below the right buttock, at the starting of leg area right hand side. the area of hurt is swollen but there is no bruising, there is pain strong enough from the fall. no discoloration of skin and able to walk with some pain. do i need to check for fracture or deep tissue damage?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  200
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, as you say the pain is bearable without any bruise and you are able to walk, I think it is just some muscle injury and your bone/joint are fine. You try taking a painkiller and some physiotherapy for a few days. If you still do not see any improvement then an x-ray can be taken torule out any internal damage. If your pain worsens then also you must visit your doctor immediatedly. Till that time stay put and take care.
Answered: Wed, 12 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor