Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Injury below knee cap, big lump with dent, unable to walk, swollen ankle. Treatment?

Yesterday I had a large heavy glass candle thrown at my knee it hit slightly below my knee cap I was hysterical for about ten min in pain it immediately got a large gold ball sized lump that feels like it has a dent or air in it when I straighten or bend my knee the pain is almost unbearable when I walk its excurcting if I keep it slightly bent and am laying down is the only time I feel relief my knee to my ankle is 2x bigger than normal whats wrong with me help please
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  140
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think you have sustained soft tissue injury to knee. I do not think that it can be a fracture. I would suggest you to take Brufen for pain relief, apply ice and and also diclofenac ointment. I would also suggest you to take rest and wear knee brace. I recommend you that you should not walk much or bend your knee.
Answered: Sun, 4 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor