Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Injury and swelling if the eyes and cheek bone after getting punched

I was punched in the face, around the cheek bone area, around 6 or 7is hours ago. There was a knot , and my eye started to turn purple. I ve iced it, 20 minutes every hour, and the swelling has not subsided at all, and has actually gotten worse. My bottom eyelid is swollen to the point that my eye is almost completely closed. Is there anything else I should do, or will it be less swollen after a night s teat?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1146
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
The very fact that the swelling is not subsiding suggests the possiblity of an underlying fracture. I would suggest you to consult a general surgeon and get yourself clinically examined as well as radiologically investigated. This will detect any fracture or serious injury which will enable you to seek proper treatment.
Answered: Sat, 21 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor