Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Injured with pencil, bleeding. Now numb fingers. Is this serious?

Today my friend and I were goofing off, and accidently poked me with a pencil. It blead for about 5 minutes, stopped, and there was a black dot where it had poked me. My parents checked it out and realized no graphite was stuck in it. I ignored it for awhile until I realized one of my fingers because alittle numb, is this serious? or should i not be very concerned?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  9
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response

Hope some stuff is not left inside the tissue. If you have a doubt, have it checked by a doctor. If left inside, it might result in pus formation.

And when any injured area heals, the skin will be thick to feel, hence the sensations will be numbed in that area. It is temporary and will get okay when skin becomes normal.

I guess you will be okay soon.
How ever if something bothers you, please visit your doctor.
Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor