Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Injured upper leg near bum. Hurt while doing splits. What is the problem?

Hello I have injured my upper leg near the bum area while doing the splits a 4 weeks ago. I heard a little pop thought it was just nothing when I did the splits again it hurt. Now I can walk sometimes occasionally I may feel pain while sitting. I cant go to far on my splits. It doesn't hurt if I touch it but I don't know what really the problem it.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  543
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello, you must have injured the ischium, coccyx and might be hamstring insertion which is causing pain while doin splits and sitting as during splits your hamstrings and iliopsoas acts mainly. Hamstring have their attachment on ischium. What you can do now is go for a clinical check up and a x ray coccyx lateral view and hip ap view. Then if all ok you can opt for physical modality for 2 weeks and then start exercise for hamstring stretching under supervision. Thank you
Answered: Thu, 11 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor