Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Injured thigh above knee. Difficulty walking? What is the limp in popliteal area?

Hi - I fell on a staircase three days ago and injured my right thigh just above the knee (bruised, but nearly cleared again and not painful when i touch it). I experienced difficulty in walking and bandaged it for two days. My leg is stiff when I have been sitting for a while. After stretching , it feels better and I can walk ... but am still aware of it and I now feel a limp in the back of the popliteal area (suspecting to be a swollen node) Must I wait or see a doctor. Thanks in advance - Alet
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello Alet,
Welcome at HCM.

I have red complete details of your question.

It looks that you had injury to your thigh.Your details show that most probably you had strain of your thigh muscles which has almost recovered.

The present swelling at posterior aspect of knee does not looks to be due to this injury.This can be a baker's cyst,this is a swelling which may contain fluid.

At present you should do following to have relief-

-Take a mild analgesic so that you can have relief in your pain.

-Do warm fomentation at your thigh.

-Avoid walking too much & putting excessive strain at your leg.

-For knee you should consult to a orthopedic doctor ,he may drain the cyst at your back of kne & inject a steroid in this.This will give you relief in this.

Hope this all will help you.

With best wishes.

Answered: Fri, 10 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor