Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Injured the knee, scan show edematous skin and subcutaneaous tissue. Any cure available with pills ?

I fell down from a bike 15 days back and got injured in my knee . Now it is paining much and took x-ray and scan. In x-ray, the bones look normal and no complaints found. Hence took a scan and it says that Skin and subcutaneaous tissue appear edematous. Haematoma measuring 27.6 x 7.4 mm seen in prepatellar region, Is there any minor procedure to remove the blood clots or is there any possibility to cure with tablets. pls suggest.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Hello Thanks for your query.You had a injury to your knee joint 15 days back Your x ray does not show ant\y bony injury however there is a small haematoma in prepatellar region.This can get absorbed naturally over a period of 2 to 3 weeks.You have to take antibiotics to avoid it being getting infected. Simultaneously take some anti inflammatory drugs to reduce the edema of the subcutaneous tissue.
Answered: Mon, 19 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor