Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Injured shin, swelling, bruised. What can be done?

I was kicked quite hard in the shin while playing soccer 6 days ago. It was sore and tender and slightly swollen but has been getting better. However, about a day ago, a dark bruise began to form under my ankle in the inside of my foot and today my ankle is very swollen and the bruise worse. It was not painful but it starting to become slightly so. Im not quite sure what to make of it...
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome at HCM.

I have read your question completely.

It looks from your details that this bruise is due to your previous injury at your shin.This is a gravitational edema which is coming downwards from shin.You should just apply cold fomentation or ice fomentation over it.Keep limb elevated & apply a ACE bandage over the limb(starting from down to above).

Hope this all will be helpful.

With best wishes.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor