Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Injured on the temple above the eyebrow. Became unconscious. Slurred speech, headaches, memory loss. Need to get checked?

i was hit with a glass cup right under my temple on the tip of my eyebrow. i was told i was unconscious for about 5 mins even tho i dont remember that. now i get sever constant headaches , my speech is slurred and it takes me a minute to grab things when someone is talking to me. i get confused now and my memory is really bad. sometimes i cant even remember what was said to me or by me 5 minutes before. should i go get checked out
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Shaniecebethea,
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you suffered from concussion injury. The symptoms you have mentioned are pointing more towards concussion. But still you should get a scan of your head done.

You should take proper rest. Also avoid watching television, computers and even text messaging.
You should avoid sternous activity and driving until you are normal again.

It takes few days to weeks for complete recovery.

If your symptoms worsen or any new abnormal symptom develop, you should consult immediately a Neurophysician for furthur examination and management.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Thu, 17 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor