Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Injured leg with a small hole, scabbed, blood and watery discharge coming out. Solution?

last saturday i injured my leg and there was quite a small hole , i treated it with hydrogen peroxide on a cotten swab and then some antiseptic powder until wednesday . On thursday and friday i diddnt and a scab had algready formed with a tiny part that diddnt scab up then today on friday it was all gooey and sticky in places and i removed it with tissue then since then something like blood and water was coming out and when i clean it it looks yellowish orange. it started after i woke up as soon as i finished a shower and i dont think alot of water got on the wound. i had a plaster on overnight and when i was in the shower but i kept my leg up
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

There might be an underlying infection at the bite site which is slowly growing.

Please get a culture and sensitivity test from the site done,

Based on this exact antibiotic treatment can be given.

Instead of hydrogen peroxide you can use betadine solution to wash the area.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Tue, 20 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor