Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Injured left ankle, pain in right ankle, sore to touch. How to get relief?

Hi, I fell over 4 days ago on a raised sidewalk, slightly re-injuring my left ankle (previously sprained during indoor soccer). i had raised, iced, compressed and elevated it and wore a brace for a couple of days which had healed fine. However standing on my feet all day today i felt a bit of discomfort and slight pain in my right ankle. just got home after standing on my feet for about 9 hours, i have just noticed a bruised round bump on the front of my leg/top of my foot (where the foot basically bends) above my right ankle bone. It sort of looks like a knot...but feels sore to touch s it is bruised...should i just do the same RICE rest, ice, compress and elevate?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM.
if you could walk on that leg and after prolonged standing it has swollen again ,then yes, you can RICE.
if there is persistent pain, swelling, increasing bruising, you may consider an Xray / a visit to an ortho doc.
I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress.
Good Luck !
May I request you to rate your experience here before you close.
Thank you.
Answered: Fri, 24 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor