Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Injured knee, looks dark red and occasionally bleed. Should I go to dermatologist?

my son injured his knee about 3 weeks ago. He pinched it in his room. I thought it created a blood blister so I just let the area be and figured it would go away on its own. Well it hasn t. It doesn t look like a blood blister anylonger however. It is the size of a pea and looks kind of like a growth of some sort. It is dark red in color and occasionaly bleeds . The other day he rubbed his knee on the cooffee table and it seem to lift on one side but hasn t continued to lift. I have placed a protective plsctic like gauze over it to prevent it from catching on anything but just wondering what it could be. I just trying to figure should I go the his PCP or a dermotoligist for this.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Helli.i think he is suffering from granuloma pyogenicum due to rupture of capillaries or due to blood can be removed by electrocautery.if still persists visit orthopaedician
Answered: Sun, 11 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor