Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Injured knee. Area is swollen. No fracture. Yellow pus discharge from wound. Normal?

I am a 22 year old male.I injured my knee recently when i fell off my bike. There were wounds and they were bleeding.The area started swelling up.I consulted a doctor and he told me not to worry as my knee was not fractured.He gave me tablets for the pain and swelling.I completed the course.Now there is dark yellow pus leaking out of the wound.Is it normal or a complication?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.
Dark yellow pus learking out of wound is not normal , it shows infection.
It needs antibiotics course after pus culture and sensetivity. It might requie incision and drainage. I suggest you to get medical attention soon.
Hope this will helps you
Wishing you good health.
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic Surgeon
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor