Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Injured butt muscle while doing splits hurting. Is it gluteus Maximus ?

I injured my butt muscle while doing my splits and its been hurting for 2 months now. I was doin my splits in practice and I tried to reach and tied my shoe and yeah. Idk how to explain but it only hurts when I do my left splits because it on the left cheek and sometimes when I squat and sit on it on the part where it hurts. It s like a really sharp pain near the inside of my butt it really hurt when I lean down to it. I don t know if its a gluteus Maximus because my back or any other part of my body doesn t hurt but the left butt cheek near my butthole..
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  413
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hi and welcome to HCM

You must have injured the ischium, coccyx and might be hamstring insertion which is causing pain while doin splits and sitting as during splits your hamstrings and iliopsoas acts mainly.

Hamstring have their attachment on ischium. What you can do now is go for a clinical check up and a x ray coccyx lateral view and hip ap view. Then if all ok you can opt for physical modality for 2 weeks and then start exercise for hamstring stretching under supervision.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 17 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor