Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Injured back severely previously. Having pain in lower back, hips, groin. Which specialist to see?

hi I injured my back 4 years ago. I hit it very hard around the SI joint off the corner of a table. It was very painful. It took a little while to get better. I had a twinge in my back whenever I sat down. a few weeks later I resumed my fitness regime. I went to aerobics and I felt three pops in my lower back which I presume were discs popping, my back seized up for a few days but then I was left with a dull ache across my back and a tugging sensation in my left leg whenever I lift it.also some pain in the left hip. It continued to get better and I was left with a little pain. I had an mri which showed nothing. I recently found out that the place which conducted my mri actually scanned my upper back. I only found out that this year when I also developed really bad groin pain both sides which stopped me walking. I had my left hip done I consequently had the lumbar area done however they did not mri the sacrum or the part which I hit initally. I now have developed a similar problem on the other side. The groin pain gets worse when I walk up hill or if I tighten my stomach muscles. I would like to see a sprecialist. what kind of one should I see, should I check that no nerves were damaged by the inital impact.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From history it seems that your basically problem is with spines, mainly of lumbo-sacral spines.
To know the nature of lesion and having nerve involvement, consult,
1, Spine specialist and
2, Neurosurgeon.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Mon, 14 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor