Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Injured SI joint, lower back grinding sensation. Is it normal?

My doctor said that I injured my SI joint in a car accident. I went to physical therapy for two months. My pain started to improve. It now only hurts after standing for an extended period of time and discomfort in certain positions. My doctor discharged me from his care but I have now noticed a grinding sensation in my lower back where my pain was when I move my hips a certain way. I was wondering if this is normal.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  159
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The grinding sensation in your lower spine is likely to be due to rubbing of the spine joints. This is indicative of wear and tear around these joints and may cause pain if it continues. Taking joint lubricants like glucosamine might be helpful.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 18 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor