Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Initially diagnosed with kidney stones. Having severe pain. Suspecting bladder cancer. Urine accompanied with blood. No help with painkillers. Suggestions?

Father is hospitalized initial diagnosis was kidney stones sent home to return to hospital 1 day later with such sever pain was unable to walk to the car. Urologist suspected bladder cancer and ordered multiple tests ending In a cythascope showing no issues he remains hospitalized and pain is worsening despite morphine Nd other high intensity pain killers no ideas on what the issue is. Urination is consistently accompanied by blood
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Since you have not furnished results of all the test what your father has undergone it is difficult to make any comment.Based on whatever facts you have stated it appears that he has painful haematurea most likely due to impaction of the blood clots in ureter (Clot Colic)Please get following investigation done to come to diagnosis.
1) Routine Urine Test
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen
3) Serum Creatinine and Blood Urea..
4) I.V..P
5 ) Contrast C.T Scan of Kidney Ureter and Bladder. to rule out any space Occupying Lesion.
Consult some Urologist for clinical assessment and further management.
Answered: Sat, 5 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor