Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Inhomogeneous opacity in chest, persistent cough, feverish, joint pain

Hi ! i have been having a persistent cought for 3 weeks now. i often feel breathless and tightness in my chest. feel very feverish and queasy in the evenings. my joints ( knuckles and elbows) are in a lot of pain . my chest x-ray reveals an inhomogeneous opacity in left lower zone with consolidation. pls advise. i have also done a blood test (routine test) and am awaiting reports.
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

You are suffering from pneumonia.This is indicated by presence of consolidation in lungs and clinical features.
You need to take broad spectrum antibiotics for seven days.
However Tuberculosis should also be ruled out.You may need few more investigation after evaluation like sputum examination,PCR etc.
Hope i have answered your query.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan
Answered: Tue, 25 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor