Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Inhaled the fumes of bleach accidentally while being pregnant. Will it cause any birth defects?

I am on my early stage of pregnancy. And, sometimes, I use bleach to mop the floor. And I remember I inhaled the fumes of the bleach while Im cleaning and after I was done for quite sometime. Now, I m very worried if I hurt my unborn baby. I have read on one of the article on the net that inhaling fumes can cause birth defects. I am sick worried.. Any answer would be appreciated. Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  2302
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Generally, inhalation or ingestion of any chemical in early pregnancy is likely to lead to birth defects. You did not mention your weeks of pregnancy. Congenital anomalies are more common if exposure occurs during the first 2 months of pregnancy. You are advised to see your doctor for a sonogram and if needed, an amniocentesis to rule out birth defects. Wish you good luck.
Answered: Tue, 7 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor