Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Inhaled chemical, noticed a raspiness to breathing, gaging. Chest pain, wheezing. What do i do?

I inhaled a chemical while cleaning , I noticed a raspiness to my breathing and then began to gag. I soon realized what I was doing and stopped and got the ventilation going. Maybe a couple days afterward, I had chest pains in the center of my chest and started wheezing . I also seemed to get more labored breathing when doing a physical task.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Well come to health care magic
Dear patient
inhalation of chemicals can cause bronchitis or chemical pneumonitis , if inhaled in excess amount can even be life threatining due to choaking or severe hypoxia, in your case since 2 days had already passed so risk due to choaking is almost gone but the persistance of breathing difficulty , chest pain and wheezing indicates that probably you may have developed acute chemical bronchitis or chemical pneumonitis, so you should consult a doctor ,tell him about which chemical you got exposed if you know about it, then he may advise you chest X-RAY, Pulmonary function testing and will give you necessary medicines in the form of bronchodilator nebulisations ,steroids, antibiotics and other required medicines and hope fully you will be fine
wish you speedy recovery
Dr Arshad
Answered: Wed, 6 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor