Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Ingrown toe nails on both large toes, swelling, pus discharge, discoloration. Cure?

Hi i had an in growing toe nails on both my big toes, i tried to cut it out and the next day is was swollen and pus came out. Dr gave me a course of antibiotic 1 month ago and its still the same. My one toe is discolourent and the other toes pus smell. It is still painfull if i have closed shoes on and the pus is giving off a bad smell. Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
thanx for asking question.ingrown toe nail is actually a very painful occurs when nail spicule enters in lateral nail fold.definative treatment is surgical,where we remove lateral nail spicule from matrix and phenolisation of matrix,so that recurrence avoided.At present u take antiboitics and analgesics and go for surgery from a dermatologist.
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor