Information on exercise post Open Heart Surgery - what is the possibilities ?

Information on exercise post Open Heart Surgery - what is possible? My father had a very difficult time deciding to go ahead with his triple heart by pass as my mother (his wife of 44 years) had been admitted into a hospice after battling melanoma cancer for 8 years. On the morning my father was taken away for surgergy my mother passed away. My father awoke from surgery to be informed Mum had passed. He has always been a very fit man his whole life and is continuing to exercise however the complexity of his situation has meant that he is often lacking energy probably suffering a little depression not that he would ever say that. He also suffered a virus and infection in the lung which delayed his recovery further. He is desperate to find a book that gives you a guide on how far you can push exercise after open heart surgery as he is keen to get back into it but does not feel his body is up for it which I believe is more psychological than physical. Does anyone have any books they could recommend on this subject???
Fri, 18 Dec 2009