Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Inflammation of Psoas major muscle. What kind of a doctor do I need to see ?

What kind of a doctor do I need to see if I have inflammation of the Psoas major muscle . I haave been having this hurting since May 1012, I had a very bad fall A lady fell and knocked me down and fell on top of me. I have had 7 spinal fusion , 4 lower back and 3 cervital. all kind of back problems, but this pain is horrable. I have had weeks of rehab and didn t help. Now taking shorts from pain clinic. with not results, only hurting more each day. I have all kinds of back problems, but had been very lucky and never had a bad fall. I am 79 and in good health odther than new problem with back. I do have Graves disease , but keep in under control.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have studied your case.

Pectoralis major inflammation and tear are common in sports person.
You may need to do MRI for confirming diagnosis and further management.
I will advise to consult orthopaedic surgeon or a sports medicine ortho surgeon.
Here are my other useful suggestions to you:
Avoid lifting weights,do not stretch muscle

You can consult physiotherapist for help.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care
Answered: Tue, 15 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor