Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Inflammation in vagina which shows negative for HPV. Have an implanon. Related?

I have an inflammation on my vagina! Biopsie has been done with negative results for stds hpv everything.. I have not had a period in 2 years I ve gained 20 lbs.. In the last 8 months I have dealt with this issue, intercourse has become painfull and the look of my privates have become embaressing! I ve been to 3 different gyno s n they all said just stop looking at it n it will go away.. I ve taken stuff for yeast infections, changed my diet . Nothing seems to be resolving my problem. I have the implanon in and this December is when it s opposed to be taken out! The rah or lichen looking stuff surrounds and covers my clitorus, and around it and down the outer edge of my vulva! It does not itch but again intercourse hurts like hell and takes me days to recover and it s very disturbing! I m so emotional strung out by this and financially spent!! Can someone please help me
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there.

Somehow i feel like dejavu & like i have answered this same question earlier.

What you are describing sounds like a condition called LSA(Lichen sclerosus atrophicus) or Morphea.

For best results though, please do take a good clear digital photo of the lesion & upload it on this site.

Should you wish discretion, please use our 'ask-a-doctor' premium portal to reach one of us & send it privately.

Try using a cream with a combination of betamethasone & miconazole locally on the lesion twice/daily to see if it helps.

I disagree that doctors' should be telling you it will go away by watching but each person has his/her opinion & is entitled to it.

Use a healthy sprinkling of KY jelly or any other lubricant before sex.

Wish you good luck & continued good health & dont worry, go visit a dermatologist/venreologist if our Gynec colleagues are not showing a healthy enthusiasm for your problem.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Vikram Hospital, Bangalore, India
Answered: Tue, 16 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor