Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Inflammation in tooth, very painful. Used chlorhexadine. Time to cure?

Hello. A few days ago I couldn\ t help but to move my back bottom tooth from side to side untill it got inflamed and started to hurt every time I closed the mouth. I had a flu at a time, which got better now, but gum is still painful. From yesterday I bought chlorhexadine and was rinsing my mouth with that. Do you know how long does it normally take for this kind of inflammation to get better? I am thinking of going to see the dentist , but as a student don\ t have that much money to spend. Thank you, Alex P.s. I just poured hydrogen peroxide on my tongue and it stings((
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Answers:  5 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Thank you for the query
Inflammation in the gums cannot just be cleared by just using chlorhexidine mouth wash . first thing to be ruled out is the factor causing pain in the gums , it can be due to infection under the underlying bone . As you said you are able to move your teeth side to side soo it suggests infection in the supporting bone and gum leading to mobility soo it can be treated based on the x-ray which will show the area involved ..
Answered: Thu, 17 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

According to your clinical history i suspect that you have developed severe periodontal infection in your tooth.
I would suggest you to visit the Dentist get thorough clinical evaluation done and take x-ray of the tooth to determine the treatment plan.
Maintain a good oral hygiene, use chlorhexidine mouthwash gargles twice daily.
Splinting of the tooth or extraction can be done depending upon the periodontal condition of the tooth.
Take complete course of antibiotics and analgesics.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Mon, 6 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
hello and welcome,
as your teeth is mobile,there may be any deep dental
caries or periodontal infection underlying the teeth.
chlorhexidine mouthwash will help to remove the food debris accumulated in between your teeth.
visit your dentist and get an x-ray of can be treated according to that.
take complete course of antibiotics and analgesics prescribed by your dentist.
splinting or extraction of tooth can be done depending on severity of tooth mobility.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response
hi alex, as you are describing your affected tooth is mobile and the adjoining gum is inflammed and painful. mobility of tooth suggests that there is infection at root portion of your tooth. chlorhexidine mouth wash is a soothing agent and will definitely make you feel easy but it wont treat your mobile tooth. consult you dentist soon before you loose a tooth,an x ray examination of the tooth is needed to see loss of attachment followed by proper treatment.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Kalyan Banerjee's  Response
better u visit a dentist
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor