Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Inflammation in an indentation in calf. Blood work to rule out lupus

I have an indentation in my calf that had a biopsy , they dr said it showed that it had stopped but there was still inflamation, but they had me do blood work to rule out lupus . she said the name of whatever it is but i can t remember and it wasn t written down. do you know what it would be called? she said that sometimes they appear on the abdomen or breasts and usually go away after a couple of years. She gave me a topical ointment for it.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello there,
I think the condition you are referring here could be "Lupus Profundus" or " Lupus Panniculitis". i.e lupus affecting the fat underlying the skin. Inflammation of the fat cells may initially appear as firm nodules. Later the fat cells are completely destroyed by the lupus leading to dents/scars.
Hope I have answered your question.
Have a nice day :)
Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan
Answered: Mon, 11 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor