Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Inflamed area on chest causing severe discomfort, limited movement. Appearance of dent on squeezing. Help?

hi i have an inflamed area on my chest on which there is a spot which causes great discomfort and severe pain and limits my movement. after a day i decided to begin to squeeze it with great pain and found a release of pus and blood at the same time the spot has been pot. it appears now as a hole in my chest the area is still inflamed and causes still great pain
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

Thank you for your query.

There could be a possibility of a muscular abscess. This would lead to an inflammation and the accumulation of pus in the cavity formed beneath.

You could visit a doctor and get yourself examined. There is nothing to worry about, as it is common for such abscesses in the region of the chest, as the chest has many hair follicles, that could lead to folliculitis or furunculosis (infection of the hair follicle).

If you are not on any medications to treat this, this could lead to an infection. You might need a short course of antibiotics and a sterile dressing (which the doctor will decide). Which is why I advise you to kindly visit your doctor.

I hope I have succeeded in answering your questions, you could write back to us anytime for further clarifications.

Best wishes.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor