Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Infertility. Sperm test done showing sperm concentration, motility, pus cells, RBC. Can I father a child?

total sperm concentration 0.00 Percentage motility 0.00% Pus Cells 0 - 1/hpf Red Blood Cells Nil Epithelial Cells Nil normal morphology 0.00% semen fructose ,Qualitative Positive others Nil Volume 1.00 ML Appearance v Viscid opaque Colour Whitish PH 8.0 Its my semen test report then what can i do. Have any possibilieties to get well
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Absence of sperms in semen is known as azoospermia. Azoospermia is not incurable. First of all azoospermia need to be evaluated whether it is due to block in tubes or there is no production of sperms from testis at all. If azoospermia is due to block in tubes ( Obstructive ) then sperm can be collected from testis through a needle(PESA/TESA). Even when there is no block in tubes and sperms are absent there are still chances of getting sperms with the above procedure. After getting the sperms IVF/ICSI can be done. You need to be evaluated thoroughly by a urologist and hormonal investigations to be done. If finance is a problem then you can directly go for donor sperms and IUI . take care
Answered: Sun, 15 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Juhi's  Response
Hi dear,

As you already know that there are no sperms in your semen, but it doesn't prove that your body is not making sperms. Sometimes sperms are made but they do not reach semen.
You need to consult a urosurgeon. After treatment sperms may reach semen. Or if they don't then doctor may be able to harvest your sperms and put them in your wife's uterus.
And last if nothing is possible then go for donor sperms.
There are a no. of options for you, so don't be disheartened and follow your doctor's advice religiously.

Hope for the best.
Dr Juhi.
Answered: Sun, 15 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor