Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Infection on penile top with redness, white seeds, severe itching, no relief with cifixime, cefpodoxime. STD?

hello sir , I am Bhavin From Baroda.. I have infection on my top of penis .with redness and small white seeds on it .much eatching. My G.P has Priscribed me cifixime for first 3 days then cefpodoxime for 3 days and again cefpodoxime for 3 days . but still the infection is not clear .. is it a STD??? Please guide me.. Thank you.. Bhavin.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response

welcome to HCM.
STD is possible if you had unprotected sex with a stranger.
If not, it can be bacterial infection of the penile head and the skin.
You need antibiotics of a different group - topical/ oral.
Kindly meet a surgical specialist/ urologist.

Answered: Sun, 21 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Urologist Dr. P. T. Patil's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You have severe itching over top of the penis and redness of the glans penis with white seeds.Please check your blood sugar levels Fasting and post lunch to rule out Diabetes as this is very common in diabetes.Please clean the penis with soap water and apply Daskyl Ointment.Take anti fungal medication Tab Zocon 50 mg as a single dose If you turn out to be diabetic consult Physician for appropriate treatment to control diabetes.
Answered: Sun, 21 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Sexologist Dr. Ambekar's  Response
Dear bhavin, if you had sex with any new or unknown partner unprotected then think of STD APART FROM STD there are lot of organism affect penile top in your words, unhygienic condition of foreskin invites many micro organisms. only antibiotics generally don't help . generally its a mixed type of infection and takes longer time to get eradicated better consult a dermatologist or a good physician, don't worry if you didn't had out side sex. If you are married get checked your wife also.
Answered: Mon, 22 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor