Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Infection near penis. Prescibed itraconazole, infection reoccurs on stopping it. Will mycoderm powder help?

i am having some infection near my penis area. i had consult dermatologist for the treatement. he suggest me to take the drug Itraconazole . It is quite effective. after taking this drug more than 5 months. as i stop to take the drug for only single day...the same problem of my infection starts...please suggest some good treament to treat the same. some are suggesting to take some powder form Mycoderm for the same.... Is it better way to take the drug for such infection?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
You are most likely suffering from "Candidiasis" caused by normal commensal fungus candida albicans.
Human body has few protective mechanisms which prevent proliferation of candida albicans.
Frequent washing with soap and water , excessive antibiotics use removes this protective mechanisms and proliferate this fungus.
You should again consult with dermatologist/ internal medicine specialist and should go for proper check up.
You should apply antifungal ointment in spite of Mycoderm powder or oral Itraconazole ointment.
Application will stop proliferation of fungus with faster recovery.
take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Mon, 18 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor