Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Infection in right side of big toe, toenail cutting into skin. Toenail surgery required?

I ve been having problems with the right side of my big toe for over 6 months. the dr. s thought it was ingrown at first but then decided it wasn t. The toe keeps getting infected but all my dr. does is give me medicine and says that I don t need toenail surgery. my friends grandma and I can tell the side of the toenail is cutting into the skin and causing it to be infected. I can tell that it s cutting it because there is always an open wound there.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
I would be pleased to answer your question .
You definitely need a surgery of the toe nail . The best option is to get a Lateral toe nail avulsion followed by nail matricectomy done by phenol or Radiofrequency . This would be done by the trained dermatologist or surgeon .

Take care
Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor