Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Infection close to vaginal opening, dead skin. Due to blocked glands?

I have an unidentifiable infection very close to the vaginal opening. It started very suddenly then it seemed to spread and two days later, there are three very painful pockets they are filled with a grey-ish substance that seems like dead skin. In one of them the dead skin has come out and it seems to be healing , but i want to make sure this is not an STI or is contagious. i have had one sexual partner and we havent been together for at least a week before this happened. Did i just get blocked glands or is this something that won t cure itself?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
Symptoms of painful lesions with grey coloured debris suggests STD. Get STD work up done and take the treatment accordingly.
Maintain personal hygiene and avoid sexual contact till proper diagnosis and treatment.

Hope this helps and take care.
Answered: Thu, 17 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor