Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Infected with HBV, traces of infection, advised LFT evry six months. Can i marry? cure?

Dear Dr.,I donated blood in blood camp and through them I came to know I got infected with Hep B(positive). Immediately I have consulted the Gastro specialist regarding this problem.Second time I have asked to take HBsAG test and the test result confirmed that I am infected with Hep B.Then further I have asked to take HBeAg and HBV DNA by PCR(Quantitative Viral load ). By seeing the DNA test results the doctor informed me that I got only little traces of Viral infection in serum and suggestion of treatment is not required.He then said I have to undergo Liver Functionality Test for every 6 months regularly .Kindly suggest me whether I can marry and will it affects my partner or kids if we have.My Anti Hbe test result count is 0.24 (units) and HBsAg count is 1.189 (units)and HBe Ag in negative. Please tell me whether I can get cure from this.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hello madhuyes87,
At the outset I would like to place my appreciation for the following
1. Donating blood
2. Concern for prospective spouse
3. Above all children.
At any cost you deserve full support of the medical community.
Your doctor is 100% correct.
Let me explain.
The incidence of Hepatitis B has been quoted variously but World Health Organisation says India is neither high or low intermediate. Suppose in a theater there are 400 people then 8 to 28 people may have your problem ( 2 to 7%)
So you have lot of company. Because there are so many people around, lot of research work has been done. And several personal examples called anecdotes.
Suppose 1000 people are Australia antigen positive like you, all will not need drugs.Who will need anti-viral drug can be gauged only by periodic liver monitoring. Once in six months is nothing. In general only those people whose HB e antigen is positive are likely to transmit the disease. If you are negative, be happy.
I am treating several children born to Australia antigen positive mothers.
What we do is we give these children gamma glouin as soon as they are delivered.
Best way for your spouse is to check whether he has taken hepatitis B vaccine. If not let him take 3 doses in 3 months. In another 3 months time he will be protected. Then you can go for children. Being frank with the prospective spouse will be helpful.
We are there in the public forum to provide the medical evidences.
with regards
Answered: Wed, 11 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor