Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Infarction on one side of the brain due to stroke, ability to move only limbs, occasionally opens eyes, is fed by tube. How far can he get cured?

my dad had a brain stroke on 5th july, it is infraction on the left side of the brain. he is 68 years and has pace maker he is still in neuro icu for almost 17 days initially there was no sense and no movement in any part of the body but for the past 8 days he is able to move his left limbs and sometimes he opens his eyes, he is still fed liquid by rice tube pls let me know how far he can get cure?
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare magic!!!
From the symptoms and the history its clear your father is suffering from what is called an ischaemic stroke and depending on the artery involved and the extent of the infarction your father may take time for recovery, i would ask you to be optimistic but with caution considering his age and pacemaker status he will recover slowly and with proper physiotherapy and treatment should be getting better as soon as possible the treating neurologist will be in a better state to tell you the exact time but since you say infarct is left sided the right sided limbs will be more affected so dont lose hope it will take time but he should get better soon.
take care.
Answered: Tue, 24 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor