Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Infant with red eye and puss, staying out of town. Any home remedy?

My 3.5 month old boy awoke this morning with one eye pussing and a little red. What could this be and is there anything I can do for him at home to take it away instead of going to the doctor? We are out of town now and I don t feel like going to a strange doctor so would appreciate any help you can give. Thanks for your consideration!
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

The description suggests that your son has developed conjunctivitis. Kindly wipe his eyes three-four times a day with luke warm water so that they get cleaned and get fomentation too. In case the discharge persists then an antibiotic eye drop may be required for which you will need to consult a doctor or the local pharmacy.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Sat, 23 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor