Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Infant with loose stools, fever, vomiting. How to get cured?

Dear Doctor, My kid is 1.2 years and last two days having loose motions and some vomitting. Her stool test reveal some mucus , alkaline PH, blood, and epithelial cells 1-2hpf, pus cells plenty, ova/cyst absent and RBC 8-9 hpf. She has been having fever a day prior to start of loose motions which was suspected to be viral flu for which she is administered paracetamol 120 mg suspension every 6 hrs. Currently fever has subsided but loose motions persist and she is being given Oflox suspension 50 mg, 5ml twice a day. ALso giving her ORS-L though her fluid intake today was only about 500 ml. She is not taking any semi-solid food also. Can she have any milk and milk products before she recovers? My question is whether Enterogermina will help and can be given with antibiotic. Any other advice to help her recover better? Thx. Ambika
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
thanks for your quiry at HMC
it actually is a rota virus infection
and needs a suppotive traetment with plenty of water and fresh yougart
take care of hygiene
stop antibiotics
wash hand before feeding
review me then i will further guide you
wishing you a speedy recovery
get stool re doneregards
dr.imran hussain
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor