Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Infant with fever, heavy mucus and indigestion. What should i do?

my 5 months baby has a fever 38.8 C i did stool test the lab results is: rbs:2-4, pus cells 1-3, and M.bacteria + and all others = nil i took him before 10 days with the same symptoms to a doctor and he prescribed augmentin but after i finished the medicine the fever now recurrred with same stool charecteristics heavy mucus and indigestion
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neurology 's  Response
Stool testing without dysentery (mucus and blood in stool) is of no use and you did not mention that your child had this before or not. Moreover, Augmentin by itself can induce loose stools and so in your case I would not recommend antibiotics now. If the dysentery is the problem now, I would recommend culture of stool as well microscopy to look for amoeba and treat accordingly.
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor