Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Infant with difficulty in passing stools, giving only mother milk. What could be the reason?

Hello Doctor, My baby is of 1 month old.She was good and on mother milk only from the day one of birth.From past 2 days she is suffering a lot whil she passes stool and started crying very heavily.Can you please suggest me what could be the reason and is there any medical consultation required,any general medicines will help her out of pain.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
As long as the baby is on breast feeds there should be no major issues.At present the crying episode could be because of colic .Can try giving the baby some antispasmodic medication after consultaion with her pediatrician.Burp the baby well after every feed because if the baby doesnot burp the air while feeding could reach the intenstine and can lead to such colics in future.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 8 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor