Infant suffering from cold, cough and mild fever. Prescribed Amoxycilin and Duolin. Is this medicine safe?

My grand daughter is 6 months old and mother delivered her 20 days earlier in America and birth weight was 6 lbs .She was not mother fed. Now she came to india and she is suffering from cold cough and mild fever. the doctor there prescibed her amoxycillin drops and Duolin respules to use two / three times a day. My email Id: YYYY@YYYY She is not with me. She is in Vizag with her other grand parent. Thank you Can she be given Duolin respules.When i checked with some other doctors they told me it is not better to use for 6 months old.
Thu, 3 Jan 2013